E-Safety has a high priority at Ashurst Primary School. The school strives to get the best use of digital technologies by preparing pupils, training staff and educating parents in how to access the Internet and associated resources safely and securely.
Throughout the Covd-19 pandemic please see that Latest News section of the website for up to date sign posting of a wealth of Internet Safety resources from the DfE and local authority.
Internet Safety Resources and further information, for pupils and parents, can be accessed by clicking the following links. Look out for our Internet Safety afternoons/evenings held in school and supported by our local Police Liaison Officer.
We are also part of the 'London Grid for Learning' with a wealth of advice and resources for parents on keeping your children safe whilst online. Click the link here for some great London Grid for Learning GridSafe resources and advice:
- http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ - containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Internet Safety Zone - Look in the 'Under 13s' section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart - An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All - lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK - Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape - An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
- Childline - ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.
- Vodafone Parents - Vodafone have lots of practical advice for parents. You can also read their 'Digital Parenting' magazine available online.
- Switched On Families - Vigin Media's interactive guide to help parents make the right choices about their familys web use.
- https://www.internetmatters.org/ from age-specific online safety checklists to guides on how to set parental controls on a range of devices, practical tips and advice to help children get the most out of their digital world